So many people today live what we here at Cheveyo call a monotonous movement lifestyle. They make the same commute to work everyday, sit hunched over their computers for 8 hours, and then head back home to sit hunched over their computers for another 4 hours before repeating it all again the next day. Even many gym-goers perform the same kind of movement over and over again, using hard-surfaced, standardized equipment, and as a result find themselves suffering from pain and injuries.
The foundation for the training at Cheveyo consists of highly functional movements performed on a natural training ground. This way we can ensure a much higher variation in movements and subsequently, how the body’s muscles are stimulated.
Some of the components we try to incorporate into our sessions are:
- Bodyweight Strength and Conditioning
- Training with natural objects
- Running & Sprinting (trail and off-track, barefoot, sand, etc…)
- Muscle Release Techniques
- Yoga and Mobility Work
- Various Team Challenges, Games, and Competitions
Principles similar to Movnat are also incorporated as part of Cheveyo’s training techniques.
We choose not to run a standardized course week after week and instead adjust the program for weather conditions and fitness level of participants, while making room to throw in some surprises as well.
To give you an idea, one day of the week might go a little something like this:
- 9-11 Morning Yoga
- 11-12 Breakfast
- 12-1:30 Relax
- 1:30-3 Boxing + Strength & Conditioning Workout on the beach
- 3-6 Lunch and Siesta
- 6-8 Group Workout Competition
- 8-9 Cool Down Stretch
- 9-10:30 Dinner, followed by Nutrition Workshop